Based in D2E’s Nottingham Office and working within the Midlands area, Dean Spencer carries project assurance from feasibility through to completion for lift/escalator replacement and modernisation projects within the retail, residential and commercial sector; site audits; writing technical reports and supporting the management of D2E’s growing portfolio in the Midlands by assisting with any local site issues.
Deans’ key responsibilities include the customer coordination, administration and support for client portfolio sites based in the Midlands and South of the UK; portfolio assurance services; and completing of health & safety audits for Clients including intu Retail Services, Merlin Entertainments, MJ Mapp, Savills and BNP Paribas Real Estates.
Dean joined D2E in September 2017 with 16 years lift industry experience.
Dean began his career in the lift industry as an engineer’s assistant in a small, independent lift company. After gaining an NVQ Level 3 in Lift Installation and Commissioning, he progressed from a full install engineer to a repairs manager’s assistants’ role.
Dean took the opportunity to join a major Lift and Escalator Supplier working within the repairs sales team where he gained experience in surveying, selling and providing lift replacement equipment solutions to customers. This experience allowed Dean to take a step into replacement and repairs project management, and to working on live sites and in occupied buildings fully replacing lift units and carrying out major modifications.
- NVQ Level 3 Installation and Commissioning of Lifts
- Undertaking LEIA modules including Fundamentals of Lift Technology, Contract Management and Escalators
- Escalator training
- Completed training for Statutory Inspection/Thorough Examination Procedures with regards to Lifts (LOLER) and Escalators (PUWER)
- Regular internal project management training
- Completed 50+ RoSPA accredited Human Focus Health and Safety modules