Mark Fairweather is the Managing Director sitting on the executive board of D2E with responsibility for the consultancy business.
In addition to the normal responsibilities of a Managing Director, Mark is directly responsible for developing new clients, and maintaining and enhancing existing client relationships to ensure the Clients portfolio of assets is compliant, performing satisfactorily, providing value for money and the life cycle of the lift is enhanced. Mark achieves this by managing a team of dedicated account managers, who are supported by a technical services team, along with highly skilled field and project associates. In addition, Mark heads up the design team responsible for detailed design projects in both the vertical transportation (VT) and Façade Access (FA) fields.
Mark has pioneered many innovative projects within D2E including investigation the use of IOT within portfolio management services, development of D2E’s iPAMS™ (Portfolio Asset Management System) tool and the development of D2E’s A2K™ Project Assurance processes.
In the wider industry, Mark currently sits on the HSE Escalator Safety Steering Committee, has been a member of the BCO VT committee and recently has filmed for escalator safety and lift safety documentaries aired on channel 5 this summer.
Mark joined D2E in 2005 to manage a major new D2E client. In his early years at D2E, Mark focused on developing and implementing the systems and processes in order to streamline workflows, enable efficient and consistent operations and to facilitate the organic growth of the company. The original systems and processes are still the bedrock of the ones D2E operate today and led to the achievement of ISO 9001 accreditation which has been upheld every year since first certified.
Mark was instrumental in the development of new Clients and towards the growth of D2E which lead to the expansion to a team of people to assist with D2E’s portfolio accounts.
After 10 years of helping grow the D2E business, Mark joined the executive board as a Director of the company.
Mark has over 25 years’ experience in the construction industry with specialist knowledge in both marketing and project management. He began his career in the lift industry within the marketing department of a major lift company before progressing through a variety of roles within the construction industry.
Notable Project Involvement
- Project Management of lift and escalator installations: Waitrose & John Lewis Partnership
- Major modernisation of existing lifts: Portland House, Thomas More Square, 123 Victoria Street
- Portfolio Management and Framework Agreement Contract: Land Securities, Capital Shopping Centres/Intu, JLP, BNP Paribas, FSA
- Health and Safety Audits EN81-80 and EN115: Landsec and Intu
- Development of client-specific asset management tools: Merlin & JLP
- Author of generic specifications for Waitrose to assist their store growth programme with the completion of lift works in more than 150 stores in a 2-year period.
- Certificate in Company Direction from the Institute of Directors
- BA (Hons) Business Studies from Southbank University
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment for Lifts and Escalators (EOR/202 & EOR/204)
- Completed 50+ RoSPA accredited Human Focus Health and Safety modules